22 Jul Portobella Chicken Burger
- 3.5 oz of finely shredded/chopped chicken (mine was already cooked)
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps (you can find these in the produce section of your grovery store)
- 4 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1 slice of almond or veggie cheese
- Chopped onions & jalapeños (optional)
- Roma tomatoes, spinach, advacdo (whatever veggies you’d like on your burger!)
- Wash and completely dry mushroom caps
- Place face down on a baking sheet, spray with butter flavor or olive oil spray, sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder, bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees
- Meanwhile, either form patties out of raw chicken OR finely chop or shred (can be done in the processor) your cooked chicken.
- Mix in egg whites, chopped onions and jalapenos and season with seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Spray med-high heat skillet with non-stick. Form a patty (pat it tightly together with a fork when cooking to maintain form) and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until nicely browned, place your almond cheese the last couple minutes to melt.
- Put all your fixins’ on your mushroom caps (I used spicy brown mustard too) and viola! You have a tasty healthy burger without all the extra calories and greasyness… I bet turkey bacon would even be BOMB on it!
This recipe was inspired by BodyBuilding.com‘s “Epic Chicken Salad Burger” and you can find more tasty muscle meals at bodybuilding.com/kickass!